Choose the correct answer A, B, C, or D to finish the sentences.
1. Your car is still in the garage; it ________ ready by next Thursday.
2. I’m afraid I can’t come to your party; I _________ my grandmother in hospital.
3. A: Do you have any plans for Saturday?
B: I____________ some friends move to their new home.
4. Do you think he_____________ the match?
5. A: Your apartment is so neat! Are you expecting guests?
B: Yes. My aunt and uncle_______________ tomorrow for two-day visit.
6. A: I wonder if he’ll get the job.
B: He ________ but I don’t think so.
7. You________ be home before dark because it is dangerous to walk home alone at night.
8. It is raining. _________ I close the windows?
9. Hoa was worried that we_________ miss the train.
Read the following passage and answer the questions below.
The Year 2030
Hi! My name is Nam. In 2030,1 will live in Viet Nam, on the one hundred and fifty-second floor of a tall apartment building. It will have a shiny white surface on the outside to reflect the sunlight and to keep it cool. On the inside, I will have central air conditioning. The big screen for me to watch movies will also be a fish tank. When it is switched off, I can see my pet fish swimming happily in it.
I will own a sky restaurant. My restaurant will be in mid air. My customers will take a special lift in a capsule to enter my restaurant.
In 2030, Viet Nam will still be a beautiful country. However, the grass and trees are unlike those today. They will be mostly in shades of yellow or brown. Life in this time will not appear too different from today, except that the weather will become hotter.
Write the full sentences. Use the words given.