Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others
II. LANGUAGE FOCUS
A. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best completes, the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. The structure consisted ______ approximately 2 million blocks of stone.
7. The Great Pyramid ranked ______ the tallest structure on earth for more than 43 centuries.
8. The purpose of the pyramid was to protect the burial chamber ______ the weather.
9. The Great Pyramid of Giza is one of the, famous man-made wonders of the world.
10. The Great Pyramid was only ______ in height in the nineteenth century AD.
11. There are rumors of buried ______ in that old house.
12. Each tower of the Ponagar Towers was ______ to a different god.
13. The Great Wall is China's most popular ______.
14. A visit to the Great Wall will certainly bring tourists great ______ in each step of the wall.
15. The Great Wall of China is considered one of the greatest wonders in the world ______ its magnificence and significance.
B. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentence.
16. The current constitutional problem is ______ by the top legal minds in the country.
17. It was announced that neither the passengers nor the driver ______ in the crash.
18. If it keeps on raining, the basketball game ought ______.
19. The first question must ______ before you attempt the others.
20. The manager expected the team ______ because they hadn't done enough training.
21. The floor in the room was so dirty as if it ______ for days.
22. What's wrong with your car? ~ I think it needs ______.
23. I think you should ______.
24. Both domestic and imported automobikes must ______ anti-pollution devices.
25. ______ that we have to leave the building.