Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a
close meaning to the original one.
6. London is home to people of many _______ cultures.
7. John cannot make a _______ to get married to Mary or stay single until he can afford a house and a car.
8. My mother used to be a woman of great _______, but now she gets old and looks pale.
9. My father phoned me to say that he would come _______ home late.
10. At last they divorced after ten years of _______ marriage.
11. A curriculum that ignores ethnic tensions, racial antagonisms, cultural _______ and religious differences is
12. Some researchers have just _______ a survey of young people's points of view on contractual marriage.
13. It is not easy to ________ our beauty when we get older and older.
14. Many young people have objected to _______ marriage, which is decided by the parents of the bride and
15. All parents are _______ to at least try to behave in ways that will give their own children an important
16. It is thought that traditional marriage _______ are important basis of limiting divorce rates.
17. Affected by the Western cultures, Vietnamese young people's attitudes _______ love and marriage have
18. Sometimes she does not agree _______ her husband about child rearing but they soon find the solutions.
19. The young are _______ more concerned with physical attractiveness than elderly people.
It will take more or less a month to prepare for the wedding.
21. The number of the participants in the survey _______ 250 students for Oxford University.
22. The grass was yellow because it _______ all summer.
23. Many people even wonder these days _______.
24. The lights _______ out because we _______ the electricity bill.
25. _______ Tom Cruise's last movie? Yes, I _______ it three days ago