I. Put in the correct form of "make" or "do".
1. John worked hard and __________ his best at his job, but he still wasn't promoted.
2. The teenagers were _________ such a noise that the neighbour called the police.
3. She __________ a payment on her debt every month. Soon she'll have finished paying it off.
4. So many chores to _________! I need to clean the bathroom and the kitchen, hoover and change all the beds.
5. Sorry, I've __________ a mistake. The restaurant isn't here, but on another street.
6. It's late, and we should go home. Let's __________ a move.
7. Unfortunately, his business __________ a huge loss last year and had to close down.
8. If you don't speak English, you'll find it hard to __________ business in the UK.
9. He __________ a promise to his grandmother that he'd never fight anyone ever again.
10. I called the hotel and __________ a reservation for two people for Saturday the 16th.
11. The washing machine flooded and the water __________ a lot of damage. All the carpets had to be replaced.
12. She __________ a lot of lists of things to do, but she never does any of the things!.
13. Unfortunately, all the students __________ very badly on the test.
14. Children __________ such a mess! I spend my whole life tidying up.
15. The car was __________ 90 miles per hour on the motorway when it was stopped by the police.
16. John went outside to __________ a phone call.
17. Lucy has decided to __________ a course this autumn. She's going to study Spanish.
18. My grandmother loves __________ crosswords.
19. Anne __________ a good point. She said that it's often cheaper to fly in the UK than take the train.
20. If I were to __________ a prediction, I'd say that it'll rain this afternoon.