I. Choose the word whose main stress syllable is put differently.
II. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest.
III. Choose the word of phrase (A, B, C or D) that best completes each sentence.
6. What is minimum entrance _______ for this course?
7. The writer could not be at the ceremony, and his wife accepted the prize on his ________.
8. When the post finally fell _________. They offered it to Brian.
9. Is English a compulsory subject or a(n) _________ one at high school here?
10. If you understand a matter thoroughly, that means you understand it ___________.
11. Has you told me that this was going to happen, I _________ it.
12. ________ anyone call, would you please ask them to call back later?
13. I wish I _________ Bob the money; he spent it all gambling.
14. The plane would have landed easily _________ the thick fog.
15. ________ you known he was a liar, would you have agreed to support him?
16. Without the traffic jam on the high way this morning, I ___________ late for the meeting.
17. "I have a headache." - " ____________ you take an aspirin?"
18. Without __________ it, he hindered us instead of _________ us.
19. Having read the passage three times, ___________.
20. There was no one else at the post office. I _________ in a queue.
21. We will be sitting for our final examination in the last week _______ May.
22. These are requirements _____ those who want to become a pharmacist.
23. The A-level (short for Advanced Level) is a General Certificate of Education set of exams _______ in the U.K.
24. In all cases, applicants must meet the course requirements _______ by the admitting institution.
25. An _______ is a student at a university or college who is studying for his or her first degree.
26. Entry to university is competitive so some _______ with the minimum entrance qualifications will find themselves without a place.
27. Students also have the opportunity to choose from a wide range of _______ courses in the university.
28. Mr. Pike provided us with an _______ guide to the full-time and part-time programs on offer to a range of candidates drawn from schools and colleges.
29. Not many places at the universities are left, so choice is on a severe _______.
30. Higher education _______ have risen this year for the first time in more than a decade.