I. Choose the best answer A, B, C or D for each sentence:
1/ Older people tend to be quite _______ and a bit suspicious of any supposed advances.
2/ He put an arm around her shoulder _______.
3/ Her _______ of English grammar is very extensive.
4/ Marco was working _______ at his desk.
5/ The new job will provide you with _______ experience.
6/ It makes good _______ to buy a large packet because it works out cheaper in the end.
7/ Sharks have a highly _______ sense of smell.
8/ I must say I'm not _______ keen on the idea.
9/ The _______ of booking tickets in advance is that you get better seats.
10/ It's a city _______ for its ski slopes and casinos.
II. Choose the correct prepositions to complete the sentences:
1/ The burglar got in ______ the window.
2/ They saw the girl walk _______ the street.
3/ Flowers grow _______ the side of the wall.
4/ She looks _______ her younger brother.
5/ Her hair hang _______ her back to her waist.
6/ He climbed _______ the wall into the garden.
7/ Mike jumped _______ bed as the telephone rang.
8/ The little boy dived _______ the swimming pool.
9/ I went _______ the mountain to have some fresh air.
10/ The passengers stepped out of the train ______ the platform.
Choose the correct prepositions for each following question.
1. They walked slowly _______ the woods.
2. They're building a new bridge _______ the river.
3. I've been in this job for thirty years, and I've picked up a good deal of expertise _______
4. Make sure the computers are all _______ before you go home.
5. Trung fell _______ some stairs and broke her wrist.
6. I put my hands _______ my eyes because I couldn't bear to watch.
7. Both she and her husband are _______ work.
8. Stop running around and get _______ bed!
9. Put those books _______ on the top shelf.
10. I've been having problems loading this software _______ my computer.