I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from those of the other three.
II. Choose the word whose stress is different from that of the others.
11. The first rocket engine was ____________ in China.
12. Yuri Gagarin was the first ___________ in space.
13. In a ____________ in Japan, people of all ages wanted to travel into space.
14. There would be a hotel on the Moon in the _____________ future.
15. Space tourists will orbit the Earth by the next generation of space ____________.
16. Two Japanese businessmen were able to pay a large amount of money to join a Russian space _____________ in 2001.
17. The first market research on the ____________ for space tourism was conducted in Japan in 1993.
18. At present, it costs about $8 million to buy a __________ into space.
19. A space exploration is a space travel to ____________ the nature of the universe beyond the Earth.
20. Two dozen people have flown around the Moon or walked on its ____________.
Choose the best word or phrase to complete each sentence.
21. ___________ I help you?
22. The thieves escaped but the police ___________ arrest them later that evening.
23. Sharon and I ________ get special seats but we __________ hear a thing.
24. They said we ________ do whatever we wanted.
25. When I was a kid, I ___________ swim at all. I only learnt when I was twenty.
26. Why didn’t you ask me for money? I ____________ you some.
27. “Can I try a shirt on as well?” “You ________________, sir, yes”
28. “Where’s Julia?” “She ______________ in the garden.”
29. We _____________ to Da Lat last weekend, but we thought this weekend would be better.
30. She ____________ to move on her own because her leg was broken.