Choose the best answer that is suitable for each blank or the underlined word or phrase.
1. Please ________________ off your shoes when you come in the house.
2. His new CD will be ____________ sale in January.
3. She _____________ no notice of his behavior towards her.
4. It took her __________ to find the building she was looking for.
5. Thanks for helping me. I’ll do the same for you in ___________ sometime.
6. “__________ care of you necklace – it’s very valuable.”
7. My father thinks the late sixties and early seventies was the greatest _____________ for popular music.
8. I thought he was small but in _________________ he’s rather tall, isn’t he?
9. It’s so wet here. – It _____________ rains not-stop for several days.
10. Jenny is ______________ on holiday for a week.
11. Yasu and Sun-Young decide to go _____________ for a jacket.
12. I wanted to stop ____________ some presents, but we didn’t have enough time.
13. I remember _____________ the Queen in London.
14. Sun-Young avoids __________________ underwear at the thrift store.
15. The girls agreed _________________ the cake equally.
16. The letter is supposed _____________ in the afternoon.
17. It is expensive ________________ in the department stores.
18. She expected ______________ for the job, but she wasn’t.
19. Max finished __________________ his homework and then he went to the party with George and Bill.
20. Please don’t forget _______________ the baby. She needs to eat every two hours.
Choose the word whose the underlined part is pronounced differently.
Complete these sentences with the correct form of the word in brackets.