I. Choose the best answer that is suitable for each blank or the underlined word or phrase.
1. Do you think she can _______________ a promise?
2. Lucy found the missing dog. She was given $100 as a ___________.
3. Just think, __________________ two years’ time, we’ll be 18!
4. I’ll give them a call - they should be back home _____________ now.
5. The Rolling Stone have __________ pleasure to millions of fans for more than 40 years.
6. The greatest ____________ in my life is to become a successful actor.
7. Did you read about the diet that’s ____________ in fat?
8. Could you please ________________ an eye on the kids for a minute?
9. Peter ___________ second in the competition for the best short story.
10. Will you _____________ me company while I wait for the train?
11. She asked me ______________ the door.
12. The teacher told Ann _______ so loud.
13. She asked him what his name ______________.
14. I ________________ the driver I wanted to stop.
15. Ann ______________ that she would wait at the bus stop.
16. “I’m Vietnamese.”
=> He says he ___________ Vietnamese.
17. “How old are you?”
=> They asked her _____________.
18. “Where does Peter live?”
=> I asked him where Peter ________________.
19. “Could you phone my parents?”
=> I asked the policeman ________________ my parents.
20. “Don’t worry.”
=> The doctor always tells her ________________.
II. Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that need correction.
If I find your pen, I send it to you.
I am very interesting in problems caused by pollution.
I was in a hurry because I didn’t want to be late to school.
The two women have spent their lifes helping the poor.
All interest are paid without deduction of tax.