I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the other words.
II. Choose the word that has stress pattern different from that of the other words.
III. Choose the best answer to complete each sentence.
7) Our house is right in the country. There are plenty of nice places to walk in the _________ area.
8) ______________ my advice - Don’t get involved with her.
9) I’m having ___________ difficulty understanding what he means.
10) It wasn’t I who stole the jewels. You’ve made a _____________ mistake.
11) Watch out! The ink from your pen is __________________.
12) I wasn’t impressed by the exhibition – most of the paintings were of a very ___________ standard.
13) I’ve given ___________ all my old books. We just didn’t have enough space in the apartment.
14) Ron ____________ a business trip to Italy with a visit to his uncle in Venice.
15) “Don’t ____________ at people – It’s rude.”
16) I couldn’t decide between the two records, so I bought ___________ of them.
17) Have you told ____________ about the letter?
18) I would never borrow money from _______________.
19) The boy said that he hadn’t done ________________ wrong.
20) He asked me if I had seen his wife ______________.
21) ____________ couldn’t understand what she was saying.
22) _____________ had been changed since my last visit.
23) Tell me if you see ________________ usually.
24) The police told ________________ to remain in their car.
25) ______________ is ready for the party.
26) If you don’t know the answer, ask __________ else.