Circle the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others:
1. A. bamboo B. good C. foot D. cook
A. cake B. panda C. face D. late
A. social B. science C. sour D. sure
Circle the word whose stress part is placed differently from that of the others:
Make the correct choice:
6. Many plants and endangered species are now endangering of _______.
7. _______ is destroying larger areas of tropical rain forests.
8. A lot of different conservation efforts have been made to________endangered species.
9. The raw sewage needs to be ________ treated
10. There are more than 20 ________ working on the water treatment project
11. More and more people __________ of food poisoning nowadays.
12. The government _________ the flood victims with food, clothers and money
13. Many people _________ that natural resources will never be used up.
14. Conservation is the protection of the _________ environment.
15. There are many ________ of pollution in our modern world.
16. You ________ ask a woman about her age. It’s not polite
17. Pay attention ________ all traffic signs when you are travelling in the street.
18. Their plans were cancelled _______ of a bad storm.
19. I’ll lend you the money and you ________ pay me back till next month.
20. You should change your wet shoes,________ you’ll catch cold
21. The twins used to play rugby when they were four year old, ________?
22. You would rather _________ talking in class so as not to make your teacher angry.
23. I’ve got __________ money to lend you now. I think you
24. To tell the truth, Aim frightened ________ ghosts
25. Tell her that she ________ be here by six. I insist on it.