Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part,
or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. Which subject is this book ________?
7. Francis Bacon lived ________ about the same time as Shakespeare.
8. People enjoy a book ________ different ways.
9. This book is not really ________. It is a waste of money buying it.
10. Sometimes it is ________ to find suitable books for our children.
11.A book may be evaluated by a reader or professional writer to create a book ________.
12.As for me, I consider reading ________ important part of ________
13. Anne says that she reads about half ________ hour a day, at least.
14. Different people like specific types of books, and some people just like ________ literature in general.
15. ____ books are ones in which the story is told or illustrated with pictures.
16. Boy, stop reading. ________ the book down and go to bed.
17. A book may be studied by students as the ________ of a writing and analysis exercise in the form of
a book report.
18. It is a good book. I think it is interesting enough for you to ________.
19. A ________ is a report in a newspaper or magazine in which a writer gives his opinion of a book, a
film, or a play.
20. If you ________ a book, you have a brief look at it without reading or studying it seriously.
21. Those letters ________ now. You can do the typing later.
22. The museum is open to everybody. It ________ between 9am and 5pm.
23. The train ________ by bad weather. I am not sure.
24. The room ________ once a day.
25. Two tablets ________ twice a day to have you recover from the illness quickly.