Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
11. ASEAN also works for the _______ of peace and stability in the region.
12. The Association of Southeast Asian Nations, commonly referred to as ASEAN, is a geo-political and _______ organization.
13. The motivations for the birth of ASEAN were the desire for a _______ environment.
14. ASEAN was founded on 8 August, 1967 with five ________: Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and the Philippines.
15. ASEAN is an organization on the Southeast Asian region that aims to _______ economic growth, social progress, and cultural development.
The aims of the Association of Southeast Asia include the involvement of economic growth, social progress, cultural development among its members, and the promotion of regional peace.
Southeast Asia is a region of diverse cultures.
18. ASEAN has emphasized cooperation in the "three pillars" of security, socio cultural and economic _______ in the region.
The ASEAN Free Trade Area (AFTA) is an agreement by the member nations of ASEAN concerning local manufacturing in all ASEAN countries.
20. ASEAN has planned equitable economic development and reduced poverty and _______ disparities in year 2020.
21. The Governments of ASEAN have paid special attention _______ trade.
22. The goal the ASEAN Vision 2020 aims _______ creating a stable, prosperous and highly competitive ASEAN economic region.
23. _______, I will give him the report.
24. _______ the firemen arrived to help, we had already put out the fire.
25. I have earned my own living _______ I was seven.
26. We saw many beautiful birds _______ in the lake.
27. _______, Peter came to see me.
28. _______ my homework, I went to bed.
29. _______ the dance, Jerry said good-bye to his girlfriend.
30. Jones _______ after everyone _______.
31. _______, Joe stays in bed and reads magazines.
32. ASEAN's aims include the acceleration of economic growth, _______ progress, cultural, development among its members, and the promotion of regional peace.
33. A combined gross domestic _______ of the member countries of ASEAN has grown at an average rate of around 6% per year.
34. On July 28, 1995, Vietnam became ______ seventh member of ASEAN.
35. ASEAN has _______ population of 575.5 million.
36. The population of ASEAN accounts _______ about 8.7% of the world's population.
37. Laos and Myanmar were admitted _______ ASEAN in 1997.
38. ASEAN also try to solve the problems of ethnic tensions which might lead _______ civil war.
39. One of ASEAN's objectives is to help people think about peace and _______ and do something about it.
40. There are plenty of industrial _______ established in the area, which also makes the government worried about pollution.