1. Everybody should be made aware ________ the risks involved.
2. The recent economic crisis has brought ________ a slump in world trade.
3. The government is aiming ________ 50% reduction in unemployment.
4. Sport is sometimes used by governments as a tool of foreign ________.
5. The President has ________ his commitment to the peace process.
6. The government made serious attempts to raise the ________ of living.
7. The police have asked for the ________ of the public in tracing the whereabouts of the escaped convict.
The government shifted economic priority from heavy industry to three major economic programmes.
9. The government introduced a wage freeze so that ________ might be brought under control.
A strike in the mining industry is threatening to bring about a shortage of coal in the near future.
11. The Vietnamese Communist Party ________ an overall economic reform in December, 1986.
12. To promote the development of our country, we should ________ economic reforms.
13. The aim of “Đổi Mới” was to ________ the economy of Vietnam and to raise the living standards of the people.
14. Before “Đổi Mới”, our country ________ a lot of difficulties on many aspects of life.
15. Before “Đổi Mới”, our economy was ________ and was dominated by traditional agriculture.
16. Before “Đổi Mới”, our country was ________ and the people led a/ an ________ life.
17. Before “Đổi Mới”, there were ________ schools and hospitals.
18. It is quite important ________ me to get on and think.
19. If you think you may be allergic to a food or drink, eliminate it ________ your diet.
20. The new policies include cutting ________ subsidies and trade barriers.