I. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
1. Every few weeks new satellites _____ into orbit.
I ought to give up smoking.
3. Try to ____ amount of fat in your diet.
4. It is _____ to park in the center of Newtown.
5. I am delighted _____ you passed your exam.
6. We will begin _____ a brief discussion of the problems.
7. Tree leaves ____ to wrap things.
8. _____ is a wonderful natural fertilizer.
9. Glass is broken up, melted and made into new ______.
10. Is the rubbish ______ every day?
11. In 1876, the telephone ______ first introduced by Bell and Watson.
12. It’s important ______ wildlife in the area.
13. Japan _____ 40% of its waste.
14. We were delighted _____ your letter yesterday.
15. Sooner or later a satellite _______ by a large piece of rubbish.
16. Let’s play tennis instead of _____ television.
17. Everything depends on what you mean ____ the word “free”.
18. We should use ______ bags instead of plastic bags.
19. Beer _____ for breakfast in England years ago.
20. I ____ some rice on the floor of the chicken coop.
II. Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in Standard English.
The project will be show to the public when it is finished.
We must act now before it is too late doing anything about the problem.
Can’t we deal with this now instead of wait until tomorrow?
Mixture the flour with the eggs and butter.
The government wants everyone to recycle 25% of their house hold wasting.