I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below.
6. The flight ________ at 6. 10 has been delayed.
7. This is the first time she ________ rice paddies.
8. Would you mind ________ I borrowed your dictionary?
9. We ________ lots of photos on vacation last summer.
10. The animal ________ in the forest fire was a wild pig.
11. Would you mind ________ the window?
12. Welcome ________ Springfield!
13. Accommodation in London ________ very expensive.
14. The road ________ down to the sea is very rough.
15. ________ is a large hole in the side of a mountain or under the ground.
16. The vase ________ on the shelf is very beautiful.
17. Do you mind if I ________ your atlas for a minute?
18. Ann asked me not ________ anybody what happened.
19. After ________ breakfast, I went out for a walk.
20. ________ is a type of white or gray stone containing calcium, used for building and making cement.
III. Choose the suitable word to complete the sentence.
1. She was _____________ with the play. She had expected it to be better.
2. Is he ___________ in tennis?
3. The volleyball match was quite _____________. We enjoyed it.
4. Is it sometimes ____________ when you have to ask people for money?
5. Do you easily get ________________?
6. Mr. Ba had never expected to get the job. He was really _________ when he was offered it.
7. Trinh really learnt very fast. She has made _____________ progress
8. We didn’t find the situation funny. We were not _____________.
9. It was really ______________ experience. Afterwards everyone was very _____________.
10. Why does she always look so_____________! Is her life really ______________?