I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below.
6. At 9 o’clock yesterday ________ we on the beach.
7. The baby________ his food onto the floor and making his mother angry.
8. I would like ________ to Africa.
9. It was kind ________ you to help them.
Are you going abroad this summer?
11. ________ is a building or room where people can go to look at paintings.
12. I brought back this cowboy hat as a ________ of America.
13. While Angela was cleaning her room, she ________ her lost ear-ring.
14. Why don’t you come ________ for dinner?
15. Will you pick me ________ after the party?
16. Miss. Brown ________ us last week while our teacher was ill.
17. You ________ come and visit us again some time.
I’m usually free in the evening.
19. I picked up a copy of their summer travel ________.
20. While the choir ________ Christmas carols, we were making them some cocoa.
21. Would you like ________ for a drink?
22. ________ is hot liquid rock that comes out of a volcano.
23. When I was a child, I ________ my ball through the window.
24. I was born in a small village ________ Lantau Island.
25. We went ________ a 10-day tour of central Africa.
III. Give the correct form of the word in these following sentence.
IV. Choose the correct answer for each following question.
1. Millions of old car tires _________ away every year ________ to make pipes and floor coverings.
2. Last week the Browns ___________ around Xuan Huong Lake when it ________ raining.
3. Mrs. Nga _______ wet now because she __________ her umbrella at home.
4. – _________ I answer the phone for you when you are out?
- That would be nice. And don’t forget __________ down the messages for me.
5. It’s expensive ______ to Nha Trang by plane. Would you mind ___________ by train?