Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below.
6. Presents ________ in colored paper and put under the Christmas tree.
7. Tom likes ________. He spends lots of hours watching the birds.
8. Greg ________ me that he liked rock music.
9. Sally is quite keen ________ the idea.
10. Milk ________ cows and goats.
11. ________ is a religious song that people sing at Christmas.
12. Galileo said that the earth ________ round.
13. They recently returned ________ Paris from London.
14. Could you talk ________?
15. I thanked my classmate ________ helping me with my homework.
16. Halloween is the night of 31st October, when people once believed that ghosts ________.
17. She________ me she didn’t know what to do.
18. Anita is fond ________ playing the piano.
19. The fire is made ________ matches or lighters. It is made in the traditional way.
20. She seems very ________ today.
Ten countries participated in the discussions.
22. The journey from the airport to the university ________ about half an hour.
23. ________ is a saint regarded as protecting a particular person or place.
24. The ________ festival was held in the communal house yard.
25. I ________ that I didn’t know what to do.