I. Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others.
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. All her letters _____ by her secretary.
7. First Lewis will give a TV interview, _________ will come the main news conference.
Please taste the soup and tell me if it needs more salt.
9. Wine is made _____ grapes.
10. _____ is a tall plant with big yellow seeds that.
11. What do you think this button is ____?
12. We stayed home _____ the cold weather.
13. I was tongue-tied. I didn’t know what.
15. This ordinary-looking sofa can be made _____ a bed.
II. Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in Standard English.
The bicycle has been invented by Karl D. Sauerbronn in 1816.
After invented the light bulb, Thomas Edison went on to create many other useful inventions.
The music was very loud and could hear from a long way away.
Thanh Ha School closed for two days last week because a flood.