I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced from the others.
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. The water was rising ______.
7. As you’re so unhappy there, you _____ look for another job.
8. Sally _____ him to come home early.
9. I tried my ______ not to laugh.
10. We should learn this poem ______.
11. She arrived early ______ a good seat.
You must improve your spelling.
13. ______ is the study of the earth and its countries, mountains, rivers, weather, etc.
14. We left at 6 a.m _______ late.
15. He usually ______ or highlights only the words he wants to learn.
III. Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in Standard English.
They are very proud about their new house.
The first question in the exam was very hardly.
However, he needs to improve his listen skills.
We should clean the floor as quick as possible.
How much time do you spend for learning new words?