I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. The sun _____ at 5.16 tomorrow.
7. I actually enjoy _____ shoes. It’s relaxing!
8. The news ______ as a shock to many of the people present.
9. This charity aims to help people _____ themselves.
10. We got _____ in the woods.
11. The _____ is to increase sales in Europe.
12. I like _____ activities such as walking and camping.
13. She gave me a form and told me to _____.
14. Two years_____, an American businessman got lost in London.
III. Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in Standard English.
After you will go another 50 meters, you can see a path to your left.
Can you help me moving this table?
Take this map so that you don’t go lost!
All of them agreed to participate for the program.
They are going to clean the banks of the lakes in weekends.
IV. Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
Mom: Sun, you look very (20)_____ today. Anything interesting (21)___ school?
Sun: Yes, Mom. I’m going to (22)_____ the Green Club.
Mom: Really? What will you do?
Sun: We are having an (23)____ month. And, we’re going to clean the banks of the lakes (24)_____ weekends.
Mom: Will you do anything else?
Sun: Oh, yes. We’re planting young trees and plants to sell to some schools. We hope (25)_____ more green color to the town and earn some money for our club.
Mom: That sounds excellent