I. From each number, pick out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
II. From each number, pick out one word which has the stress on the first syllable.
III. Choose the word or the phrase or sentence that best completes each unfinished sentence below or that best keeps the meaning of the original sentence if it is substituted for the underlined word or phrase.
1. There used to ________ a movie theatre here, but it closed a long time ago.
2. The children are playing ________ in the schoolyard.
3. I wish they ________ here tomorrow.
4. John ________ write the letter to me last year.
5. It is difficult ________ English in some weeks.
6. The capital of Malaysia is ________.
7. What is the traditional dress of Vietnamese women? It’s ________ .
8. Rice is ________ in tropical countries.
9. Two department stores ________ by them this year.
10. Nga is ________ English for her work.
11. He arrived in England ________ Monday evening.
12. An wishes that he ________ his parents.
13. Let’s ________ to the cinema.
14. I look forward to ________ you.
15. Millions of Christmas cards ________ last month.
16. I ________ English here since I graduated from Qui Nhon University.
17. He ______ with his friends in an apartment in Ho Chi Minh City since last week.
18. We come to USA ________ English.
19. She ________ try to learn English for her job.
20. I wish you ________ us someday.
21. I wish you ________ me with my work last Monday.
22. I remember ________ her somewhere.
23. Excuse me. Can I ________ in this a area?
24. Can you turn ________ the light? It is too dark.
25. We have lived in Ha Noi ________ 4 years.