I. Choose the word which is pronounced differently from the other.
II- Pick out the word that has the main stressed syllable different from the others:
III. Choose the best answer to complete these following sentences
1. His house has been sold ______ $ 1,000,000.
2. Bread is usually ______ wheat.
3. Peter, can I ______ you a drink?
4. It isn't quite ______ that they will come to our party.
5. ______ goes to the bus; now we will have to walk home.
6. Don't hurry! There is no need ______.
7. Please write your answers ______ ink.
8. Peter was not feeling well, so we gave him ______ to do than you.
9. He spent half a year ______ this house.
10. Will you ______ the door open?
11. What food should you eat if you want to ______ on weight?
12. The weather was cold. I wish it ______ warmer.
13. Dickens ______ wrote a lot of interesting stories.
14. Mike had hoped ______ his letter.
15. It is a ______ skirt.
16. Do you know the beautiful girl ______?
17. This shirt costs ______ 88,000 VND.
18. I can complete a ______ English test if you want.
19. If you study at the Brighten Language Center-UK, you can live in a ______ on campus.
20. I saw your school’s ______ in today’s edition of the Vietnam News.
21. Do you enjoy ____________ English?
22. She asked me where I ______ from?