Choose the correct answer.
1. Deserts are harsh and dry, ________ many plants grow there.
2. Pat looked at the antique rocker, ________ she couldn’t afford to buy it.
3. Constance might go to the library, ________ she might stay home.
4. Sue jogs every day, _______ she wants to stay in shape.
5. His shoes are worn, _______ he has no socks.
6. Guy is a contractor, _______ he knows the construction business.
7. Bill went to work, _______ he didn’t punch in.
8. My brother is in the play, _______ I want to attend the first performance.
9. Annette couldn’t go, ________ she was tired.
10. Your niece and I went out to lunch, ________ we both ordered fish.
Complete each sentence using the correct coordinating conjunction from the parenthesis.
Each sentence contains a word in CAPITAL letters. Select the choice that tells whether that word is a coordinate conjunction or not by writting "yes" or "no".