Choose the word that needs correcting.
After a week, we finally got to Miami, that my aunt lives.
One singer who’s voice I like a lot is Madonna.
Getting more readers to subscribe for the magazine is the job of the marketing staffs.
Laura said that the coffee was too hot that she could hardly drink.
The first student finishing the exercise will receive a big present from the teacher.
Give the correct form of the word in brackets.
Choose the word (A, B, C or D) whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the rest.
Choose the best option (A, B, C or D) to complete each of the following sentences.
1. Because of people’s ___________ with the environment, many kinds of plants and animals are becoming rare.
2. The farmers and their cattle __________ had been trapped in the storm were fortunately rescued
3. Nowadays, people are thinking of __________ energy as an alternative.
4. Forest destruction results ____________ floods and air pollution.
5. Garbage is considered to be some kinds of ___________ .
6. The ___________ is the air, water and land in or on which people, animals and plants live.
7. More and more rare animals are ________ danger of extinction.
8. It’s the best film ____________ has ever been made about madness.
The hotel staff are always friendly and courteous.
10. My mother _______________ enjoys hill walking.
11. Mark Twain is an author ________ I like best
Laws have been introduced to prohibit the killing of endangered animals.
13. The main threat to the _________ of these creatures comes from their loss of habitat
14. Oil, coal and natural gas are ____________ fuels made from decayed material from animals and plants.
Solar energy is not only plentiful and infinite but also clean and safe.