Circle the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
Circle the word whose stress part is placed differently from that of the others.
5. Many plants and endangered species are now endangering of _______.
6. A lot of different conservation efforts have been made to________endangered species.
7. The raw sewage needs to be ________ treated.
8. More and more people __________ of food poisoning nowadays.
9. You ________ ask a woman about her age. It’s not polite.
10. Pay attention ________ all traffic signs when you are travelling in the street.
11. Their plans were canceled _______ of a bad storm.
12. I’ll lend you the money and you ________ pay me back till next month.
13. The twins used to play rugby when they were four year old, ________ ?
14. You would rather _________ talking in class so as not to make your teacher angry.
15. Tell her that she ________ be here by six. I insist on it.
16. He hurried _________ he wouldn’t be late for class.
17. There’s _______ university in my neighborhood.
18. “Can I help you?” _ “ ___________”.
19. Nam:“ Hello! My name is Nam. Nice to meet you” - Mai: “ Hello__________”
20. My father__________you met yesterday, wants to speak to you.
21. I have never talked to the headmaster before.
22. I don’t remember the man. You met him at the canteen last week.
23. I did not come to your party due to the rain.
Choose the underlined words that need correcting.
Many (A) teachers have devoted their (B) lives to (C) teaching, therefore (D) teaching is not a well-paid job.
My parents (A) often take careful (B) of me when (C) I am ill (D).
She passed (A) the board exam, who (B) made her (C) parents proud (D).
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the italic word(s) in each of the following questions.
The situation seemsto be changing minute by minute.
Human beings are constantly contaminating natural habitats of the wildlife.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the italic word(s) in each of the following questions.
The proposal will go ahead despite strong objections from the public.
Mathematics, a required subject in all schools, is divided into many branches.