Find the word having different stress pattern in each line.
Choose the best answer to complete each of the following sentences.
1. Surely Andrew_________ in fairies for long enough. Let’s tell him the truth.
2. Air pollution, together with littering, has _________many problems in our large cities today.
3. It’s difficult to _________ what the planet Earth will be like in 100 years’ time.
4. Australia is a_________ place where kangaroos and koalas are found.
5. My brother had never been abroad_____he joined the army.
6. – “I have a terrible headache.”
“I _________you an aspirin.”
7. All our beautiful forests ____________ if we do nothing to preserve them.
8. The family _________ in the attic of their house by the flood for nine hours before help arrived.
9. I’d be over the moon if I _________ a change to go Disneyland in California
10. Ours school _ at the end of May. Then I will have a long holiday.
Find the mistake in each sentence, and rewrite the sentences correctly.
Writing the full sentences after fixxing the mistake.
Use the correct form of the words given to complete the sentences.
Complete the second sentence in each pair so that it has a similar meaning to the first.
1. It is Tan’s 15th birthday next week.
2. The small town has totally been destroyed by the hurricane.
3. They will widen the gate to let the cars run into the yard easily.
4. I can’t come because I have to help my dad with something.
5. As soon as we got on the plane, the pilot told us to get off again.
We had just _____________________________________