I. Choose the best answer.
1. Tom seems ________________ today.
2. What are you going ___________ at weekend?
3. She often makes dresses __________________.
4. I used to _____________ when I was a child.
5. We have lived here __________ last summer.
6. You ought ______________ to the exhibition.
7. The old man is getting ______________.
8. The sun _____________ in the East.
II. Put the verbs in the brackets in to correct tense:
1. They ( move) __________ to Ho Chi Minh city in 2000 and ( live) ____________ there since then.
2. Mai ( feel) __________ very well yesterday but today she ( feel) ___________ again.
3. What are you doing tonight? I ( go) ____________ to the circus.
4. The Earth ( be) __________ round.
III. Read the following passage.
Mai loves the summer holidays. She always goes to visit her grandparents in the summer. They live on a farm on the North of Scotland. She
lives in the South of England and she goes to her grandparents house by car. She usually stops in a hotel in Edinburgh for one night on the way
there. She loves driving through Scotland. The mountains are beautiful and there are not too many car on the roads. Her grandparents are old but
they work hard on the farm. Her brother and she like helping their grandparents when they are there. They live near the sea and there is a beautiful beach not far from their house. The sea is usually quite cold but her brother goes swimming most
days. It is too cold for her. She loves visiting her grandparents and she is always sad when it is time to go back.
a. Her grandparents are not young.
b. It's very far from their house to the sea.
a. Where does Mai usually go in the summer?
b. How does she feel when it's time to go back?
IV. Rewrite as requests in brackets.
1. Nam is very young. He can't drive a car. ( enough ……….to……….)
2. The red pen is cheaper than the blue one. (not as……………as…..)
3. “Turn off the radio, please!” ( Phuong told Tuan….)
4.“You should study English harder” (My teacher said….)