Choose the word whose underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
6. Thanks______ our English teacher, we have learned many English songs.
7. The floor was covered_____ a litter______ newspapers, clothes and empty cups.
8. I am fed_____ hanging around here with nothing to do.
9. Remember to go _______ your test paper to check the grammar and spelling mistakes.
10. I hope the weather improves._________ , we’ll have to cancel the picnic.
11. I’ll never forget_____ this piece of music for the first time.
12. He’s never been to England,_________ ?
13. Peter asked me______.
What benefits does TV bring about to people life?
15. _____ where the theater was, she asked for direction at the hotel reception.
16. He managed to repair the car_________.
17. ___________ I get angry and upset, I try to take ten deep breaths.
18. This room is too dark. It needs__________ .
19. _____ your age, I’d do things differently.
20. That color doesn’t really suit you, if you don’t mind________
21. John wants to visit the place_____ President Ho Chi Minh left Viet Nam in 1911.
22. My brother______ much contact with my family since he __ to New York.
23. I wish I______ so I would feel safe in a boat.
24. Mike is very helpful. He finds__________ in helping people.
25. ‘Let’s go for a drink.’ ‘______ ’