Choose the word whose underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
6. The children were afraid_______ upsetting their parents.
7. ______ weekends, many people go to the countryside to have a rest after a hard working week.
8. Uncle Ho spent all his life fighting________ the Independence of our country.
9. She devoted herself entirely_________ her teaching career.
10. Mark decided to give up sport so that he could concentrate_________ his studies.
11. Too many tests and exams have put high school students under__________.
12. _______I heard the telephone ring, I didn’t answer it.
13. We’re going to lose this game_____ our team doesn’t start playing better soon.
14. How far is it from your house to the school? ~ It’s about___________ .
15. This university has an international____________ as a center of excellent.
16. Let’s go out for dinner,________ ?
17. The parcel ______ a week ago and it________ yesterday
18. Don’t forget______the door when you leave.
19. Venice,______was built on water, is a city in Italy.
20. I always get a headache if I _______too much television.
Choose the bold word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting.
It’s going to (A) be rainy (B) in Tokyo, that (C) is the capital city of Japan (D) .
Although (A) everyone played well (B), but (C) we lost (D) the game.
Anne felt very happily (A) because (B) she got mark (C) 10 in math (D) .
Guy asked (A) Melissa whether (B) was there (C) a cafeteria nearby (D).
We are going to (A) take a two-days (B) trip to the (C) mountains (D).