Choose the word whose underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
6. The final examination will be held __________ July 10th,2008.
7. The children are excited ________ their upcoming trip to the zoo.
8. Sixteen people showed ______ for the volleyball training session.
9. ____________ she was an hour late, she didn’t apologize.
10. They haven’t ______ an AIDS vaccine.
11. People do exercise ______ fit.
12. A person that you make friends with by writing letter is called a __________.
13. You look so depressed ________ you didn’t have a friend in the world.
14. Most parents think chatting on the Internet is _______.
15. It really annoys me when people forget_________ thank you.
16. Don’t stay up late,______ ?
17. If I were in charge, I_____ things differently.
18. Would you mind if I _______ a friend to the party?
19. My father stopped________two years ago.
20. ‘You got the first prize. Congratulations!’ ‘_________ ’
Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence.