Choose the word whose underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
6. Those boys are addicted_______ computer games.
7. They will finish _____ the work.
8. The design and material used for men were different___ __those used for women.
9. We have to start early______ we won’t be late.
10. Will you buy an electric car when they_______ available?
11. Everybody must take part in________.
12. Neil Armstrong,________ first walked in the moon, lived in the USA.
13. Baird produced the first TV picture in 1926,_________ ?
14. Traditionally, the ao dai_________ by both men and women.
15. We______wear helmets in order to keep the traffic law and protect ourselves.
16. She asked me if I ______ any other language.
17. Internet bars mustn’t let anybody_______ bad things.
18. Would you be______ to hold the door open?
19. It’s a pity you live so far away. I wish you________ .
20. I'm really sorry about that! - "____________ !"
Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting.
Should I(A) be out when you call, just leave (B) a message with (C) my assistant ? (D)
If I have many (A) homework (B) to do, I will not be (C) able to attend (D) the meeting.
When I arrived (A) home, my father was reading (B) the newspaper and (C) my mother watched (D) TV.
Most of (A) their farm (B) work used to do (C) by hand (D).
In the (A) United States, Mother’s (B) Day is celebrated (C) on second (D) Sunday in May.