Choose the word whose the underlined part is pronounced differently.
Choose the correct answer.
1. Galileo _______ his first telescope in 1609.
2. Can you show me _______ the film in this camera?
3. I have been fascinated by _______ since I was at secondary school.
4. When we _______ the bill, we left the restaurant.
5. He has not developed mentally as much as others at the same age. He's _______
6. I _____ sunglasses today because the sun is very strong.
7. Tim _____go fishing with his father when he was young.
8. The children _______football when their mother came back home.
9. I often go to work early to avoid __________in the rush hour.
10. I will ___________every effort to teach my students.
11. She continued the _____ until the children realized they had just learned how to add and subtract.
12. She has a face that looks attractive in her photographs - in other words, she is_____.
13. Most of the children come from large and poor families, _____ prevents them from having proper schooling.
14. _____ is the activity or job of taking photographs or films.
15. Louis Braille was born _____ and accidentally _____ himself at the age of three.
16. He was barely ______ of writing his own name.
17. Last night I stared death in the ______ when I nearly had an accident.
18. John is ______ in fashion magazines.
19. Nothing ______ in this town since I first visited it.
20. I feel so ______ and sleepy today because I worked late last night.
21. Thuy's class is different ______ other classes because the children are disabled.
22. A new bridge______across the river recently.
23. I was late for school this morning because my alarm clock didn't ______.
24. Peter: "Thanks a lot for your wonderful gift." – Mary: "____________"
25. Maria: " I'm taking my driving test tomorrow." – Sarah: " ______!"