Choose the word whose the underlined part is pronounced differently.
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
It is important to note that such a happy marriage does not come about by accident, but it had taken years of dedicated work to bring this kind of relationship into existence.
The human brain is often compared to a computer, and such an analogy can be misleading.
They asked me how long did it take to get to Paris by train.
Choose the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSET in meaning to the underlined word(s).
If we had taken his sage advice, we wouldn't be in so much trouble now.
Billy, come and give me a hand with cooking.
Choose the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s).
He had never experienced such discourtesy towards the president as it occurred at the annual meeting in May.
He decided not to buy the fake watch and wait until he had more money.
Choose the best answer among (A, B, C or D) that best complete each sentences.
1. His achievements were partly due to the _____ of his wife.
2. Some people are concerned with physical ............ when choosing a wife or husband.
3. Our consultant ......... the results of her advice by the end of this week.
4. You are not _______ to say anything unless you wish to do so.
5. _____________, but now he's made a complete recovery.
6. Looking _______ three children all day is a hard work.
7. Some of my classmates wanted to know ________________
8. The week of exams left Miranda exhausted, and she's still rather ___________.
9. It was ........... of you to leave the medicine where the children could get it.
10. ____________ allow some students from less affluent families to attend college.
11. I think you should have your house__________ for the new year.
12. Most doctors and nurses have to work on a _______ once or twice a week at the hospital.
13. Jennifer asked me _______ the week before.
14. So much progress ___________ that there may be space-flights to Mars.