Choose the word whose the underlined part is pronounced differently.
Choose the word which has the position of primary stress differs from the three one.
Choose the correct answer.
1. If something _______ your attention or your eye, you notice it or become interested in it.
2. Asian students agree that a husband is obliged ........ tell his wife where he has been or why he comes home late.
3. Tom enjoys having fun by causing trouble. He's a very ..................... boy.
4. Some candidates failed the oral examination because they didn't have enough _____.
5. He is contented ....... what he is having now.
6. His achievements were partly due to the _____ of his wife.
7. Her family and friends have given her lots of ............... .
8. It was ........... of you to leave the medicine where the children could get it.
9. The next train to Da Nang ....... at 3.05. So, we still have 15 minutes for lunch.
10. Looking _______ three children all day is a hard work.
11. Our consultant ......... the results of her advice by the end of this week.
12. Some people are concerned with physical ............ when choosing a wife or husband.
13. Choose the word which is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word.
Billy, come and give me a hand with cooking.
14. - How well you are playing!
15. You are not _______ to say anything unless you wish to do so.
16. Choose the word which is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word.
He had never experienced such discourtesy towards the president as it occurred at the annual meeting in May.
22. We went out for _____ meal last night. _____ restaurant we went to was excellent.
17. In many cultures, people signify their agreement by _______ their head.
18. The assistant of Mr Jones ......... more responsible in the last 6 months.
19. She was full of .................to achieve her goals.
20. - You look great in this new dress.
21. I recognized my grandmother as soon as she got _______ the plane although we had not seen each other for more than 10 years.