Choose the best answer from the four options (A or B, C, D) to complete each of the following sentences.
1. She is not doing ___________ in the garden, just walking with her dog.
2. It is twelve o’clock, Mai Anh. Let’s ___________home.
3. My brother and I ___________ our grandmother next weekend.
4. ___________ he plays the guitar!
5. I don’t want much sugar in coffee. Just ___________, please.
6. At an intersection, we must___________.
7. What’s___________ lunch? -There is some rice and some meat.
8. Is there anything to drink? ~ I’m___________.
9. Look ___________ that strange man! He is looking ___________ Lan but she isn’t here.
10. You are too fat. You shouldn’t eat much___________.
11. ___________ do people need more food? ~ Because there are more people.
12. Where is your mother? ~ She is in the kitchen. She___________ dinner.
13. How___________ do you brush your teeth? ~ Three times a day.
14. ___________ straight across the road.
15. When it becomes hot, people often feel ___________.
6. Of the three students, Nga is ___________.
17. What is your favorite food? ~____________
18. They ___________ late for school.
19. ___________ are you going to stay here? ~ For a week.
20. Miss Trang always ___________ her own clothes.
Complete the following sentences with an appropriate form of the word in BLOCK CAPITALS.
Fill in each gap with ONE suitable preposition.
Read the passage and choose the correct answer (A or B, C, D to fill in the gap.
I live in a house near the sea. It is (1)________old house, about 100 years old and (2)________very small. There are two bedrooms upstairs (3)________a bathroom. The kitchen is (4)________the ground and there is a living- room where there is a lovely old fire place. There is a garden (5)________the house. The garden (6)________down to the beach and in spring and summer, (7)________flowers everywhere. I live alone (8)________my dog, John, but we have a lot of visitors. My friends often stay with (9)________.
I love my house for (10)________reasons. Maybe I like fresh air here.