I. Choose the word or phrase which best completes each sentence.
1. Rachel always_____ her hair before going to school.
2. It’s raining hard, _____ we can’t go to the beach.
3. Some governments are ________ than others.
4. His illness was caused by _____.
5. This attic has a very low _____. Mind your head!
6. She's not his friend, she's_______.
7._____ she was very tired, she helped her brother with his homework.
8. The books are heavy. ______ can't carry them.
9. The blue car is ______ than the red car.
10. The Mona Lisa is one of the ______ paintings in this museum.
11. If I had had enough money, I ________ that radio.
12. It's fun to _____ ping pong. It's also called table tennis.
13. If it rains, you ________ wet.
14. You may have an accident soon _____ you are driving so carelessly.
15. The man ______ was speaking to us was very tall.
16. My wife likes to wear earrings, bracelets and rings. She really likes _____.
17. The people ______ flight was cancelled were upset.
18. That restaurant has _____ delicious food that you can't stop eating.
19. Jane: Are you looking forward to your holiday? - Anne: ___________
20. Jack: What time does it finish? - Tom: ___________
II. Read the article about Rosa Bonheur. Choose the best word for each space.
(1) _____ you believe in ghosts? Did you ever see one? Somebody once (2) _____ that ghosts are like true love – everyone talks about it, but (3) _____ ever sees it.
Many (4) _____ believe that if somebody dies in a way that is not natural, their spirit remains at the (5) _____ where they died.
It is easy not to believe (6) _____ ghosts in the day. But at (7) _____in the morning, many people change their (8) _____!
III. Read the text and choose the best answer for each statement or question.
Did you know that spiders are not insects? They are actually called arachnids, a group of animals related to insects that have eight legs and that have venom. There are many different kinds of spiders. They live all over the world and can be found in just about every habitat. Most like dark places, which may include your home, closets, or basement!
Spiders are very interesting. Some spin silk webs to catch and eat prey, while others attack their prey. Some spiders, like tarantulas, are large enough to eat lizards and mice! Many people are afraid of spiders because they bite. Most spiders, however, will only bite if they think they are danger and most are harmless. Spiders are actually helpful to people because many eat insect pests like cockroaches and mosquitoes.
Question 1: Spiders have ____________ legs.
Question 2: Which is NOT true about spiders?
Question 3: Spiders are ______
Question 4: Why are spiders helpful to people?
Question 5: Which question is NOT answered in the passage?
IV. Rearrange the words to make meaningful sentences.