1. In 2016, the phenomenon of saltwater intrusion caused many difficulties to the production and daily life of the people of the Mekong Delta. Read the following passage about the saltwater intrusion and answer the question:
...Trong thời đại tái cơ cấu nông nghiệp khi khí hậu biến đổi không lường, nước ngọt là tài nguyên thiên nhiên quí hiếm không tái tạo được thì chúng ta không nên xem nước mặn là kẻ thù mà là bạn tốt, để chọn hướng sản xuất thâm canh những cây trồng vật nuôi theo các hệ thống canh tác làm giàu bền vững tại vùng nhiễm mặn, như hệ thống lúa-tôm, lúa-cá, v.v., vườn cây ăn trái... để nhanh chóng tăng GDP bình quân đầu người Việt Nam như Nghị quyết Đại hội XII đã đề ra.
(GS Võ Tòng Xuân - Theo vtc.vn) Which piece of advice does the following passage give to people living in areas with saltwater intrusion?
2. Fill in the blank with an appropriate word:
When you see a broken or damaged power cable, you should _____ it and report to an adult.
3. Read the following passage (in Vietnamese), then answer the question:
Nước ta hàng năm đều phải gánh chịu nhiều cơn bão từ biển Đông đổ vào. Khi có bão, gió thổi rất mạnh và gây ra nhiều thiệt hại. Theo thang sức gió, ở Việt Nam hiện nay bão được chia thành 17 cấp tùy theo tốc độ gió, có thể tính bằng công thức gần đúng như sau:
Tốc độ gió (km/h) = 0,5 x cấp bão x cấp bão + 4 x cấp bão. In 2016, the 12-level storm Dianmu struck Vietnam. In a minute, how far can it travel?
4. Michelle Obama, First Lady of U.S. president Barack Obama once said about her children: I always tell my children that they should not avoid doing hard work because that is where we develop ourselves. Her advice is similar to which of the following Vietnamese idioms?
5. A fruit store is having a 40%-discount sale. Lan buys 2,5kg of oranges (for 30,000VND/kg), 3kg of mangos (for 60,000VND/kg), and 2kg of apples (for 45,000VND/kg). Lan gives the fruit seller 300,000VND. How much change does Lan receive?
6. Where did Ngô Quyền use pointed stakes to defeat Nam Hán aggressors?
7. You are now living in Vietnam, which number do you dial when you need to call the firefighters in case of a fire?
8. Read the paragraph below and answer the question:
[...] On this visit, my heart has been touched by the kindness for which the Vietnamese people are known. In the many people who have been lining the streets, smiling and waving, I feel the friendship between our peoples.
(From President Barack Obama’s speech when he visited Vietnam in May, 2016) In the above paragraph, which quality of th Vietnamese people does U.S. President Obama talk about?
9. Which of the following statements is true?
A. Các từ: cảm ơn, hậu tạ, tạ ơn, ơn nghĩa, cảm cúm là các từ đồng nghĩa.
B. Từ “chạy” trong các cụm từ: chạy tiền, chạy giặc, hàng bán chạy là các từ đồng âm.
C. Từ “rừng” trong cụm từ: rừng người, rừng cờ hoa, rừng cây là từ nhiều nghĩa.
D. Các từ: xanh non, xanh biếc, xanh rì, xanh tươi là các từ không đồng nghĩa
10. Gases such as: CO CO, SO , NO , methane, benzene, etc. are toxic gases and they’re also called “invisible killers” as they may cause cancer or gas poisoning. Which of the following kinds of stoves produce these gases when used?
11. Every July, turtles from archipelago regions such as: Phú Quý, Phú Quốc, Trường Sa, Palawan (Philippines), Pahang (Malaysia), Nautura (Indonesia) return to Côn Đảo Island (Vũng Tàu province) to lay eggs
At temperatures from 26 C to 32 C, the baby turtles are born after 56 days. To help these baby turtles return to the sea, what should we do?
12. Mai comes from a warm, dry and windy province with the traditional occupation of making salt. Based on the knowledge of Vietnamese geography (grade 4 program), answer the question: where is Mai's hometown?
13. Which of the following lists correctly classify organic versus inorganic rubbish?
14. On a Sunday morning, while walking with his dog in a nearby park, Nam was approached by a strange man who said he was a friend of Nam’s father. He smiled and made acquaintance with Nam. He offered Nam sweets and asked Nam to hang out with him. In your opinion, what should Nam do in this case?
15. Read the following paragraph and answer the question:
Long ago, there was an old man with three sons. However, these three didn’t get along with each other and quarreled every day. One day, the old man gave his sons a bunch of chopsticks and asked them to break all of the chopsticks at once but no one out of the three could do it. The old man then pulled the chopsticks out one by one and broke them. He said:
“Anyone can break a bundle of chopsticks if they do it one by one, but no one can do it if they try to break the whole bundle at once." In the paragraph, what did the old man want to teach his sons about?
16. Gout is a common disease in modern society. The main cause of Gout is a diet that contains too much protein.
Which of the following foods should Gout patients NOT eat?
17. Which of the following foods/drinks is best for your health and environmentally friendly?
18. Read the following verse and answer the question:
Ngôi nhà tựa vào nền trời sẫm biếc
Thở ra mùi vôi vữa nồng hăng (Về ngôi nhà đang xây - Đồng Xuân Lan) In which of the following sentences does the word “tựa” have the same meaning as the word “tựa” in the verse?
19. The products in the pictures below have a shelf life of 24 months from
the date of manufacture (the date of manufacture is stated at the bottom
of the product). Today is 20 April, 2016, which product has expired?
20. Based on the amount of nutrients contained in each, foods are divided into four groups:
- Carbohydrate-rich foods (C)
- Protein-rich foods (P) - Fatty foods (F) - Vitamin-rich and mineral-rich foods (V) In addition, many foods contain fiber and water. Rank the 4 food groups from greatest to smallest proportion for a healthy diet: