1. Black, red, and even bright pink diamonds …….
2. Between the California Coast Range and the Sierra Nevada ….
3. It is gravity … objects toward the earth.
4. …… their territories but rather than fight, they howl.
5. …… strength of 70 horses, a forklift toils all day long in a warehouse lifting great weights.
6. The growth of two-income families in the United States … of people moving to a new social class.
7. Using a globe can be … it is educational.
8. Each mediocre book we read means one less great book that we would otherwise have a chance ….
9. Most accidents in the home can be prevented by … elimination of hazards.
10. …… problems in sailing in tropical seas is the coral reefs.
11. The strongest dump trucks work in rock quarries, … tons of rocks and soil at one time.
12. Alice Freeman, … to head Wellesley College at age 27, is one of the youngest college presidents in history.
13. Helen Keller lost both her sight and hearing after a severe illness ….
14. Because aluminum is lighter and cheaper …, it is frequently used for high-tension power transmission.
15. It is only recently that ballets have been based on themes … American life.
16. Poison oak generates irritating poisons … even if people merely brush against the plants.
17. … ants live in colonies, keep farms, go to war, carry off slave, and have a society somewhat like human beings.
18. Generic medications are just as …, and much less expensive.
19. …is no way to tell the exact number of heroin addicts in the United States.
20. Ernest Hemingway is … of modern fiction.