1. ……. occasions for congratulations.
2. Forty-niners … to California for gold in 1848.
3. In order for people to work together effectively, they need … each other’s needs.
4. It is good form to use the name of the person …...
5. ….. the promotion of health and helping people avoid injury and disease.
6. People usually can get a sufficient amount of the calcium their bodies … from the food they consume.
7. It is possible … may assist some trees in saving water in the winter.
8. Hollywood, the heart of America’s motion picture industry, …. of Los Angeles a century ago.
9. Kitchen appliances called blenders became … in the 1930s, when Stephen J. Poplawski developed a machine that excelled at making his favorite drink.
10. Built at the beginning of the century, the Library of Congress houses is one of the largest … collections of books in the world.
11. In the preparation of fibrous material for production uses, stiff woody fibers from plants …. fibers from animal sources.
12. Partnership is an association of two or more individuals who …. together to develop a business.
13. Chosen as the nation’s capital at the end of the American Civil War, …. a city of over a million people.
14. Within an area of only 100 miles, Death Valley sinks to 282 feet below sea level while Mount Whitney …. to a height of 14,494 feet.
15. The cosmopolitan flavor of San Francisco is enhanced by …. shops and restaurants.
16. …… that increasing numbers of compact-disc players will be bought by consumers in the years to come.
17. Birds all over the world ….. in distances up to thousands of miles.
18. Cellulose, which ….. for making paper, can be found in all plants.
19. ……, human beings have relatively constant body temperature.
20. So far there is no vaccine ….. in sight for the common cold