1. She will be ready when he .... here.
2. The child always cries when his mother .... out of the house.
3. They often listen to the radio while they ..... in their car.
4. We saw several old friends while we .... in Baltimore.
5. Raymond ... two new shirts when he was downtown today.
6. After we had had breakfast, we .... the house.
7. I had heard the news before you .... me about it.
8. It ..... when I got up this morning.
9. Mary was not feeling well when she .... down yesterday.
10. He signed the contract after he ..... each statement carefully.
11. Jim had just turned out the lights when the doorbell ......
12. I work so hard that I .... tired.
13. I’ll return the books to the library if I .... time.
14. Richard left dirty footmarks wherever he .....
15. I worked so hard that I .... tired.
16. Don’t handle those cups and saucers as if they .... made of iron.
17. I am standing where I .... the game.
18. Use the paint-brush as I ..... you yesterday.
19. Everywhere I ..... there were dirty footmarks.
20. We couldn’t play the match because the frog ..... too thick.