1. Mr. Walker's new ________ fitted so badly across the shoulders that he took it back to the shop to complain.
2. I'll go on holiday ________ I can.
3. Would you like ________ that for you?
4. They ________ our new transistor radio before.
5. She said she ________ to me, but she didn't.
6. If it ________ so late we could have coffee.
7. Frankly, I'd rather you ________ anything about it for the time being.
8. I wish that the weather ________ not so warm.
9. I walked away as calmly as I could ________ they thought I was the thief.
10. Although he has ________, his poor writing often clouds his thoughts.
11. She's gone already? And I am only ________ minutes late!
12. When he was questioned by the police, the thief didn't ________ the truth.
13. To get money for some purpose is to ________.
14. I ran quickly ________ late.
15. I bought ________ yesterday.
16. - What does he do for a living? - He is ________ .
17. ________ there in time, we must start now.
18. They have made a lot of progress ________ the country became independent.
19. The Boeing 747 is twice ________ the Boeing 707.
20. They are hanging up their clothes to make them ________.