Choose the best answer A, B, C, or D to complete the sentences.
1. All the best theatres and restaurants are _____ within a few minutes’ walk of each other.
2. Would you like to live in a modern house or a(n) _____ cottage?
3. A _____ is a solid figure or object, made by carving or shaping wood, stone, clay, etc.
4. Ho Chi Minh city has been divided into twenty-four _____ divisions since December 2003.
5. A _____ is a castle on high ground in or near a city, where people could go when the city was being attacked.
6. The station building used to be a high wooden _____ with a curved roof.
7. The new sports _____ has six tennis courts.
8. The local government is introducing tougher _____ to preserve historical sites.
9. The pagoda is in a beautiful _____ , close to the sea.
10. There is general _____that Vietnamese students lack knowledge of the natural, or manmade wonders of Viet Nam.
Choose the one underlined word/phrase which is grammatically incorrect.
When we are on holiday, we used to go to the beach every day.
We wish we can consult an expert on how to solve this problem.
He works much more hard for his exams than he does for his normal school work.
I used to listen to music during I was riding my bicycle to school.
None of them had any idea about how make a raft with only a few bamboo canes.
He said that they will have to set off soon after midnight.
When he lived in Japan, he didn't used to eat food with forks, but with chopsticks.
He thinks that geometry is not as difficult than arithmetic.