Choose the word which has a different stress pattern from the others.
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the rest.
Choose the best option: A, B, C or D.
5. I believe gender ____________ in education starts at home.
6. The Vietnamese government has done a lot to____________ hunger and poverty.
7. Men are ____________ leaders than women.
8. Women will be ____________ if they have to do two jobs: at work and at home.
9. The bride and groom are surely the ____________ people on their wedding day.
10. In the past, the proposal and engagement ceremonies took place 1 or 2 years ________
Choose the correct word or phrase- a, b, c, or d – that best completes the passage.
The state of California is working (11)________ goodbye to the gender wage gap. Governor, Jerry Brown has signed the Fair Pay Act, a new law (12)___________ forces employers who pay (13)_________ to a man working the same job as a woman to prove that the pay is based on elements other than gender. It is not just a gender problem – it is a family problem or (14)_________ human problem.
11. The state of California is working (11)________ goodbye to the gender wage gap.
12. Governor, Jerry Brown has signed the Fair Pay Act, a new law (12)___________ forces employers
13. employers who pay (13)_________ to a man working the same job as a woman to prove that the pay is based on elements other than gender.
14. It is not just a gender problem – it is a family problem or (14)_________ human problem.
Read the text carefully, and then choose the correct answer.
These days, most people in Britain and the US do not wear very formal clothes. But sometimes it is important to wear the right thing.
Many British people don’t think about clothes very much. They just like to be comfortable. When they go out to enjoy themselves, they can wear almost anything. At theatres, cinemas and concerts you can put on what you like from elegant suits and dresses to jeans and sweaters. Anything goes, as long as you look clean and tidy.
But in Britain, as well as the US, men in offices usually wear suits and ties, and women wear dresses of skirts (not trousers). Doctors, lawyers and business people wear quite formal clothes. And in some hotels and restaurants men have to wear ties and women wear smart dresses.
In many years, Americans are more relaxed than British people, but they are more careful with their clothes. At home, or on holiday, most Americans wear informal or sporty clothes. But when they go out in the evening, they like to look elegant. In good hotels and restaurants, men have to wear jackets and ties, and women wear pretty clothes and smart hairstyles.
It is difficult to say exactly what people wear informal or formal in Britain and the US, because everyone is different. If you are sure what to wear, watch what other people do and then do the same. You’ll feel more relaxed if you don’t look too different from everyone else.
15. Many British people wear freely when they ___________.
16. Who doesn’t usually wear suits and ties?
17. If you visit an American friend at home in the evening, you may find that your friend wears _____.
18. If you are in a foreign country, the best way the writer suggests to you is to wear ______.
Choose the underlined part which needs correcting.
In fact, France had a more lower overall medal total than Russia.
We didn’t realize that it was the most fastest way to go to school.