Choose the correct answer for each following question.
1. The local authorities were blamed ______ignored the pollution issues in the area.
2. I remember _________ advised you to stop hunting endangered animals.
3. She was praised___________ donated a lot of money to the wildlife protection organisation.
4. These students were rewarded ____________ actively taken part in voluntary activities.
5. His company was fined ___________ dumped tons of toxic waste near the residential area.
6. He regretted __________ killed and eaten several rare species.
7. Thank you for having________ the information about global warming.
8. He denied having polluted the environment,________ no one believed him.
9. We have advised you on how to cut down your energy use. We remember that.
10. They decided to cut down their carbon footprints. They were praised for that.
11. He donated a lot of money to environmental protection campaigns. He was admired for that.
12. Choose the word which is CLOSEST in meaning with the underlined part.
As fossil fuel resources are running out, it is important for the government to find some types of alternative energy.
13. Choose the word which is CLOSEST in meaning with the underlined part.
Global warming results in climate change and extreme weather patterns.
14. Choose the word which is OPPOSITE in meaning with the underlined part.
The factory was fined for having dumped a huge amount of rubbish in to the river.
They were criticised for having acted irresponsibly towards the environment.