Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.
1. He's just so flexible. He'll adapt to any situation.
2. I didn't understand his instructions. I asked him to repeat what he had said.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
3. After working at the same company for thirty years, my grandfather was looking forward to his ____.
4. Who is responsible ____ dealing with complaints?
5. Success in this industry depends a lot ____ luck!
6. The ____ I 'm a member of is calling for a nationwide strike next week.
7. In some professions, you have to ____ when you're 60 or 65 years old.
8. We began ____ looking round for advertising agencies which have experience of our market.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
9. As he lived in a small town outside the city, he had to commute every day.
The atmosphere at work was so bad that Brian eventually decided to hand in his notice.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
11. Well, I want to go straight to university, but I'm also thinking of applying for a temporary job in the summer.
John was promoted last month for being such a committed worker.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
You can leave early this morning in case you promise to make up this afternoon.
Oil and gas prices have raised so rapidly in the past few months that some commuters have been forced to alter their travelling habits.
Last year, the company went bankrupt so sudden that everyone was taken by surprise.