Choose the correct answer for each following question.
1. If I __________the same problem you had as a child, I might not have succeeded in life as well as you have.
2. I __________you sooner had someone told me you were in the hospital.
3. __________more help, I would call my neighbor.
4. __________then what I know yesterday, I would have saved myself a lot of time and trouble over the years.
5. Do you think there would be less conflict in the world if all people __________the same language?
6. If you can give me one good reason for your acting like this, __________this incident again.
7. If I had known you were asleep, I __________so much noise when I came in.
8. Unless you __________all of my questions, I can't do anything to help you.
9. Had you told me that this was going to happen, I __________it.
10. If Jake __________to go on the trip, would you have gone?
11. If someone __________ in to the store, smile and say, "May I help you?"
12. "Here's my phone number".
"Thanks. I'll give you a call if I __________some help tomorrow"
13. If I didn't work for an accounting firm, I __________in a bank now.
14. The death rate would decrease if hygienic conditions __________improved.
15. The education in Japan __________if the basic principles of education had not been taken into consideration.
16. If she __________ him, she would be very happy.
17. If it __________convenient, let's go out for a drink tonight.
18. The bench would collapse if they __________on it.
19. The patient will not recover unless he __________ an operation.
20. If he __________ a thorough knowledge of English, he could have applied for this post.