1. He drives so quickly that I am afraid that one day he will_______ someone crossing the street.
2. Hello. Is that 956782? Please put me_______ the manager.
3. The three friends all_______ for the same job.
4. I don’t think he will ever get_______ the shock of his father's death.
5. The company is aiming to push_______ its share of car sales to 25% over the next two years.
6. The child hurt himself badly when he fell _______ the bedroom window.
7. Don’t worry about trying to catch the last train home, as we can easily_______ you up for the night.
8. I am late because my alarm clock didn't _______ this morning.
9. He's such a naughty child' it's amazing what his mother lets him_______ away with.
10. The factory paid_______ nearly a million pounds to their employees injured in the explosion.
11. My daughter often_______ to see me at lest once a week.
12. I think he is unwell; he was complaining_______ a headache this morning.
13. I saw a thief take Tom's wallet so I ran _______ him, but I couldn't catch him.
14. If it's raining tomorrow, we shall have top put_______ the match till Sunday.
15. There was a big hole is the rod which _______ the traffic.
16. She applied for training as a pilot, but they turned her _______ because of her poor eyesight.
17. These old houses are going to be _______ soon.
18. I can't _______ what he's doing, it’s so dark down there.
19. Having looked the place _______, the gang went away to make their plans.
20. Take the number 7 bus and get_______ at Forest Road.