1. Last Sunday was_____ wet _____ we couldn't go to the movies.
2. I did it_____ they asked me to.
3. The corresponding sentence "There are so many things for me to do that…" is "__________".
4. He was_____ tired that he slept all day.
5. The boy was happy_____ he had done a good job.
6. Although he tried hard, ___________.
7. It was_____ that we had gone for a walk.
8. Last year I earned _____my sister, who has a better position.
9. _____ the room, the man was no longer there.
10. It looks as if the game_____ unless the rain stops.
11. _____ Mrs. Richards was entering the dining-room, there was a knock on the front door.
12. When did you eat? As soon as he came, we _____ our dinner.
13. How can we measure the price and things? However much_____ it will be worth it.
14. "I find the local newspaper to be _____ uninformative". "Yes, there is hardly any international news".
15. "Here, I brought you some flowers from my garden". "Thank you. They're_____ beautiful colors".
16. "Do you know why Erica failed the test?" "I don't know. She spent_____ time studying".
17. "Wendy is really tall for her age". "She is so tall_____ her friends make fun of her".
18. Some people are tall, _____ others are short.
19. In some nations coffee is the favourite beverage, _____ in others it is tea.
20. After Jessica_____ her agree, she intends to work in her father's company.