Fill the gaps by the given words.
|airsick - trustworthy - duty-free - homesick - praiseworthy airtight - snow-white - carsick - waterproof - good-tempered
Peter was s student living far from home. Because of his hard work at college, he rarely returned home and he sometimes felt (1) _________. Whenever he had a chance to go home to visit his family, he always went by train, not by plane or by car because he was afraid of being (2) __________ and (3) __________. In his learning, he was very successful and always got good marks from all of his teachers, who often said that he was (4) _________ and had (5) ___________ achievements. Besides, his friends often regarded him as a (6) _________ classmate because he was always willing to help them. One day, he got the first prize with some money in a competition at college. He decided to go to a (7) ________ shop for students to buy some chocolate kept in an (8) ________ container for his father, a (9) _________ watch for his mother and a doll with (10) _________ hair for his little sister.
Choose the correct word to make a compound adjective.
1. There is a lot of beautiful hand-______ pottery in this shop.
2. Tom is too narrow-____ to listen to what we have said.
3. Daisy is not only intelligent but she is also terribly good-____.
4. Some of the more ____-comsuming jobs can now be done by machines.
5. James passed every exam he took because he was a very _____-working student.